CAMBRIDGE, MA – October 09, 2017 – Brain4Net, an innovative SDN/NFV solution vendor, today announced the next minor release of B4N Service Platform, a comprehensive Network & Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) software platform for multi-vendor physical and virtual infrastructure. The B4N Service Platform 2.2 includes an impressive list of enhancements, including new solutions, an expanded list of compatible virtual network functions, improved functionality of integration with the existing customer network, and new feature enhancements.
In the B4N Service Platform 2.2 was implemented an innovative IT Constructor solution that will allow customers to consolidate the majority of corporate IT infrastructure network services into a single virtual network and launch it in cloud or at the single on-site server. The solution ensures a high-speed scaling as well as providing affordable and near to immediate connection of remote offices to a centralized infrastructure.
“In the release 2.2 we included a variety of innovative functionality enhancements that are aimed at both streamlined and accelerated enterprises, CSP’s and service providers’ network infrastructure transition to service-oriented business model,” said Oleg Schapov, CEO and Founder of Brain4net. “We offer networking solutions to all scales of companies depending on their business-aims and IT-strategy. With Brain4Net solutions it’s possible to create-from-scratch effective next-generation networking infrastructure or smoothly modernize an existing network without functionality losses.”
Moreover, B4N Service Platform 2.2 includes the following new features:
- Fortinet, IP Infusion and Arbor Networks products were added to the compatible virtual functions catalog
- Introduced the first commercial release of the SDN Fabric for Media solution, a software-defined transport media platform for staged broadcast media networks modernization and smooth transition to new service-oriented media paradigm. The solution was presented to technology community at IBC2017
- Implemented overlay technologies support to ensure even more flexible integration with the existing customer network and connectivity to remote branches connected to the SDN-network
- Added a number of new features, including support for HTTPS, auto-recovery of virtual network functions after a failure, advanced user management, granular traffic mirroring at the service level, disk space management for VNF, new types of virtual interfaces, support for cloud, and more
Also the following feature enhancements were delivered:
- B4N Service Platform’s UI renew
- Refined IP / MPLS integration tools and support for L3VPN services
- Enhanced functionality within the B4N Visibility Fabric solution, which ensures smart TAP-aggregation by utilizing the advantages of B4N Service Platform and cost-effective high-load 10/25/100G switches with open architecture, expanded the filtering capabilities for the L2-L4 layer headers, added the ability to install virtual network functions acting as Network Packet Brokers to the service chain and significantly improved the TAP-fabric management GUI
- Significantly expanded functionality of the Licensing server to support various licensing models for virtual network service providers (VNFs)
- Added improvements to the functionality and GUI of the Self-care Portal, VNF Manager, Event Manager, Monitoring and Service Configurator modules
Brain4Net presents a comprehensive showcase and shares groundbreaking new functionality at SDN NFV World Congress, the year’s primary SDN event in Europe, which takes place in Hague, Netherlands on October 9-13, 2017.