B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport by Brain4Net allows carriers to effectively adapt to fast-growing end users demand for various, standardized, highly reliable, scalable, carrier-grade Ethernet services.
B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport enables carriers to gradually modernize metro-networks and while preserving all the necessary functionality for stable operation of B2B and B2C services.
The solution provides the following functionality and more:
- Full set of MEF defined Carrier Ethernet services – E-Line, E-Tree, E-LAN, E-Access. The solution allows the full automation of Carrier Ethernet service and activation of or adjustments to services to be completed in minutes instead of weeks.
- Transport for Multicast traffic.
- Centralized traffic engineering.
- Fault-tolerance. The solution protects links, switches, SDN-controllers and other system components from outages to ensure service availability.
- Transparent integration with Carrier DC infrastructure and ability to enhance solution functionality with virtualized network functions in telco datacenter
- Integration with IP/MPLS services, static and dynamic IP-routing in SDN domain.
- Embedded infrastructure and service monitoring that allows a client to avoid extra expenses for additional monitoring systems acquisition and integration.
B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport contains B4N Service Platform components and bare-metal equipment by Brain4Net technology partners. It allows the use of x86 based switches by implementing multi-platform OpenFlow agent B4N SwitchOS and is compatible with switches based on Broadcom StrataXGS and Helix4, EZchip NPU 4/5 chipsets as well as x86-based devices embedded with Intel network cards with DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) support.
B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport allows carriers to:
- Reduce operational expenses through automated granting and management services processes, as well as automated network infrastructure configuration.
- Dramatically streamline new functionality implementation through the updating of orchestration software without replacement of equipment.
- Rapidly implement new services and build unified network for broad range of services
- Move to converged infrastructure and separate hardware and software lifecycles
- Enhance loyalty and client satisfaction level through rapidity and flexibility of services parameters changing.
The solution was successfully tested in PoCs with Tier1 carriers and showcased at SDN & OpenFlow World Congress 2016 and MEF’2016. B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport also delivered an impressive performance at ONF AppFest 2016.
“B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport is our flagship solution that generates a great interest with carriers, analysts, and the technology community”, – said Oleg Schapov, CEO and Founder of Brain4Net. – “The solution enables step-by-step metro-network modernization in the most cost effective manner while retaining existent network functionality. B4N Carrier Ethernet Transport provides a dramatic improvement in network manageability and flexibility as well as significant hardware and support cost reduction. Moreover, the solution might also be extended for various advanced use-cases, including mobile backhaul adapted to 5G networks, intelligent transport for L2VPN/L3VPN services, seamless network fabric between metro-network and DC, etc.”
Brain4Net works actively with technology partners to extend B4N Service Platform compatible equipment list.